Single Brush: $5.95
You can now choose from either Adult or Child sized toothbrushes!
Over 4.7 billion plastic toothbrushes that will never biodegrade are dumped in landfills and oceans every year worldwide. Founded on the belief that little changes can make a big difference for our health and the planet, Brush with Bamboo’s goal is to replace plastic toothbrushes with the ecological bamboo alternative. This toothbrush is their solution to the problem.
- A high quality easy-to-grip curved handle made entirely out of bamboo.
- It has a natural feel in your hand and mouth, and gives a great look to any bathroom.
The Bristles (Remaining Stock of Adult Brushes):
- Verified Free of BPA.
- Made from Nylon. Not biodegradable (see disposal information below).
- Nylon was used because there was no available plant-based option that would allow you to use the toothbrush for 2-4 months. The only biodegradable option is Boar/Pig hair, which the designers did not want to use.
The Bristles (Children's Brushes and future orders of Adult Brushes):
- This special SOFT bristle is composed of 62% Castor Bean Oil, 38% plastic.
- This is the latest and most advanced biobased bristle in the world today.
- Biobased, but still not biodegradable (see disposal information below).
- The toothbrush comes in a wrapper made from plants, which can be composted in a commercial compost facility.
- The outer box is made from 100% paper and is also biodegradable.
This ecological bamboo toothbrush will last just as long as a conventional plastic toothbrush. However, it is recommended that you replace your brush every 2-4 months, or when the bristles look worn. The different parts of the toothbrush can be disassembled for proper disposal. The bristles are not biodegradable but could be recyclable in some cities. Using pliers, it is easy to remove the bristles from the head. Doing so will also remove a small metal staple that is used to clamp the bristles to the handle. The handle can then be composted or repurposed.
Sustainability of Bamboo:
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on earth. Because it contains naturally-occurring antimicrobial agents, there is no need for using fertilizers or pesticides during its cultivation.
Made in China. Designed by a California, USA company.