Are you bewildered by all the plastic waste created by tossing our toothbrushes every few months? If so, a biodegradable bamboo-handled toothbrush is just what you need! These high quality brushes, from Brush With Bamboo, will satisfy all your Zero Waste and oral hygiene needs. Now available in 2 sizes and 2 bristle types.
Stock up with a box of 12 for the price of 11! Choice of brushes depends on current inventory.
- A high quality easy-to-grip curved handle made entirely out of bamboo.
- It has a natural feel in your hand and mouth, and gives a great look to any bathroom.
- The "standard" bristles are considered soft, and are composed of 62% castor bean oil and 38% nylon plastic.
- The "extra soft" bristles are made of 100% castor bean oil
- The toothbrush comes in a wrapper made from plants, which can be composted in a commercial compost facility.
- The outer box is made from 100% paper and is also biodegradable.
This ecological bamboo toothbrush will last just as long as a conventional plastic toothbrush. However, it is recommended that you replace your brush every 2-4 months, or when the bristles look worn. The different parts of the toothbrush can be disassembled for proper disposal. The bristles are not biodegradable but could be recyclable in some cities. Using pliers, it is easy to remove the bristles from the head. Doing so will also remove a small metal staple that is used to clamp the bristles to the handle. The handle can then be composted or repurposed.
Sustainability of Bamboo:
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on earth. Because it contains naturally-occurring antimicrobial agents, there is no need for using fertilizers or pesticides during its cultivation.
Made in China. Bristles made in the European Union. Designed by a California, USA company.