Boba Baby Carrier & FREE Stuff Sack & Teething Pads
Hug your baby close while you go about your daily business, hands free - or head out on an all-day hike. The Boba is a soft structured baby carrier that is intended for children between 7 to 45 pounds. This 3G design is made to fit parents of all shapes and sizes without purchasing extra accessories, and it offers several innovative features not seen on other carriers.
- Save $11
- PLUS get a FREE Boba Stuff Sack ($17 value)
- PLUS get a FREE pair of organic Boba Teething Pads ($20 value)
- Total value of clearance special: $48
For your newborn baby, we also offer the cozy Boba Wrap!
The most innovative thing about the Boba carrier, which sets it apart from other soft structured carriers, is that there are foot straps attached to the waist belt for the child’s feet to sit in, enabling a healthy sitting position for the child. The footstraps not only give little tired legs a rest, but support the legs in a flexed abducted (froglike) position which naturally tilts the pelvis, fills out the hip sockets, and aligns the spine.
The Boba Carrier is ergonomically designed, both for the wearer and the child. High density foam* in the waist and shoulder straps ensures a comfortable, supported fit for the wearer. The wide seat base and foot straps both function to position the baby or child in a posture that is ideal for development - unlike carriers with a narrow seat base that supports only the crotch area, allowing legs to dangle.
*Although The Green Sheep emphasizes natural materials, we believe that the foam used in this product is worth the benefits it provides - allowing parents to comfortably carry their babies close to their bodies for extended periods.
Features of the 3G model: The infant conversion option allows you to use the Boba Baby Carrier with babies as small as 7lbs. No insert or accessory is needed! An instruction booklet is included to show you how to use the Boba Carrier with your newborn.
The Boba Baby Carrier is approximately 2-3" higher than other soft structured carriers. This extra height supports your little one's back and keeps your centre of gravity closer to your body.
All straps are fully adjustable, and elastic bands are provided so you can comfortably tuck the straps away once you have the carrier adjusted for you and your child.
The organic versions are made in Boulder, Colorado, USA (hence the name: Boulder Baby - Boba), with the help of local mountaineering professionals. Non-organic versions are made responsibly in China.
Check out our Boba Carrier accessories: Organic Teething Pads and Boba Stuff Sack.
And once your wants to carry his or her own "baby" around, you might be interested in the adorable Boba Mini, available in our Toys section.
Product Description & Features
- Accommodates children 7-45 lbs / 3.1-20 kg
- One size fits most adults (ideally between 5' and 6'3" tall)
- Front and back carry options
- Organic version made with GOTS and OE100 certified 100% organic cotton and organic Texas cotton lining
- Easy-to-follow instructions included
- High density waist and shoulder strap foam (like a quality backpack)
- Removable foot straps for extra leg & hip support
- Converts to an infant carrier without an insert
- High back for better overall support (supports baby's back and keeps centre of gravity closer to your body)
- Removable, adjustable hood for sleeping, nursing or protection from the elements
- Zipper pouch may be used to store your hood when not in use
- Shoulder strap holders keep purses and diaper bags in place
- Multiple pockets for on-the-go storage
- Body is 13" wide and 16" tall
- 19" long shoulder straps that extend an additional 19"
- 25" long waist belt that extends to 58"
- 5" high waist belt
- Weight of the carrier is 1.8 pounds
The Foot Straps:
- Attached to the waist belt and completely removable
- Adjustable length
- Intended to support bigger legs (usually when child turns two)
- Sliding positioning rail to fit your growing toddler
- Bring knees to hip level
- Proper leg support for your toddler in the flexed abducted position
- Enables a healthy sitting position for your child
- Naturally tilt the pelvis, fills out hip sockets, aligns spine
- The more leg support the less pressure absorbed by the spine
- Takes the pressure off of the hamstrings
- Reduces the leg dangle
- Gives feet a place to rest
- Ensures complete blood flow throughout legs
- No pinching of the major nerve behind the thigh
The added height and rounded top:
The wide seat and body tapered to the webbing:
NOTE: The Boba 3G has been replaced by the Boba 4G, which uses an infant insert to accomadate newborn babies, and also has some zipper pockets. The Boba 3G is still a wonderful baby carrier, and you can now get our remaining inventory at a great deal!